August 24, 2009 By Janet Thompson
Return to top of page
Many have asked me how to pray and personalize Scripture. You just choose a Scripture and insert a name or pronoun. Scripture was meant to be applied to our life, and I find the best way to pray God’s will instead of my own, is to pray His Word back to Him.
So here are some examples from the Appendix in my book Praying for Your Prodigal Daughter. These will get you going and then you can start praying Scripture yourself.
1) I pray that my daughter ____________ would listen to You, Lord, and You would quickly subdue her enemies and turn Your hand against her foes! (Psalm 81:13-14).
2) Evening and morning and at noon I commit to pray and cry aloud for my daughter _________. And You, Lord, shall hear my voice. (Psalm 55:17 NKJV).
3) Lord, I know You do not change, and I pray my daughter ____________ will return to You, so You will return to her. (Malachi 3:6-7).
4) Lord, please teach my daughter ____________ to live a disciplined and successful life and help her do what is right, just, and fair. (Proverbs 3:1 NLT).
5) I pray that my daughter _____________ will know the truth and the truth will set her free. (John 8:32 NIV).