I recently had the privilege of hearing a message from a pastor who is a missionary in China with his young family. I wanted to share with you part of the pastor’s message:
Going Beyond means not being content with the status quo, but instead being intent on looking beyond where we are right now. Going beyond requires three things:
- Remember–go back to the beginning and remember where you were and who you were, before you accepted Jesus as your Savior. What has God already done in your life? Never forget!
- Intentional–Lift up your eyes to look around you at the world. Not just your world that you see around you, buy try to see more of what you don’t normally see–what is happening outside of your surroundings?
- Engage–Don’t just gawk at the world pointing out all the faults you see …Do something about it. You were meant to be the solution by …
- Learning about the issues
- Praying for the world
- Giving of your resources and time to make a different
- Going into the world wherever it is that God leads you.
Going beyond is going to cost you! There’s always a sacrifice involved, but isn’t that what being a Christian is all about?
5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in very nature[a] God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature[b] of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!
I would love to hear where God is calling you to “Go Beyond.”
If you received this by email, please leave a comment here.